[Sca-cooks] Cook's Symposium 2004 - Ideas to Comment On

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 17:12:15 PDT 2004

Regarding the lending library....

I'm not sure exactly how they handle it beyond having the books there for people to peruse and having a copier available for folks who want to make copies.  If you would like more, I can contact our Chancellor to see if she can give me more details.

No, I haven't started packing yet...first I would want to make sure that I'm bringing books that folks closer by would not be bringing.  That's why I propose to send you a list to choose from.

There is a bookseller, Bas Bleu, based, I believe in Atlanta that sells little pockets with cards like they used to use in libraries.  I have a bunch that I have purchased and use with my books...I kept losing books that I loaned to folks that I figured thi was the best way to keep track of them.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Kiri

> If you have the time, could you take a moment to describe what works and
> what has improved over time with your libraries? Stefan made some good
> points in a later email about the use of a lending library and I'm
> interested in getting perspectives on how they operate as well as how
> people
> actually make use of them.

<snip>

I'm overjoyed to know that you plan to attend but before you start
making
the airports nervous with your library travelling with you...