[Sca-cooks] Seville orange substitutions

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Jul 15 13:23:51 PDT 2004

>We have a fair population of a couple different ethnic groups here in
>Baltimore Maryland.  Latino, Greek, middle eastern, and
>Italian.  There also
>seems to be a fairly large population of folks from African
>countries.  I
>imagine that Johns Hopkins University is a big draw for lots
>of folks, but
>we have certain sections of town that are "Little Italy",
>"Greektown", etc
>meaning they have come and settled.

I would love to have a larger Latino representation here. It exists but
is small. Isn't the US's "other official language" Spanish, n'est pas?

I do a lot of Spanish cooking at home, as I do middle eastern and French
(I love traditional French, not the high gourmety stuff - although I
will go to a restaurant for that - lol)

>Oh, and if your coming to Pennsic, you could just bring along
>a bag of that
>saffron and I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands...
>Olwen

I haven't been able to go to War for a number of years now (5?). I've
been too ill with a varied list of ailments, but I'm working on it. Do
you perhaps know Freya Manslayer Carolsdottir (the fabric merchant)? I
could send them down with her.

Anyway lemme know,
Micaylah