[Sca-cooks] Ice Cream

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 17 19:29:13 PDT 2004

Coconut milk works fine as a base. So does almond milk. The result is not
really "creamy" -- it is more like ice milk or sherbet. I have found that
adding a couple of tablespoons of liquor helps keep it from freezing too
solid. Guar gum has a similar effect, but you have to be careful that it
doesn't clump -- mixing it *thoroughly* with the sugar before adding it
seems to help.

Cynara

Almond Sherbet

3/4 cup sugar (using natural cane sugar adds a nice but subtle flavor)
1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)
3 1/2 cups plain or vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze Smooth &
Creamy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 pinch sea salt

Thoroughly mix sugar and optional guar gum. Add almond milk, vanilla
extract, almond extract and salt. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an ice
cream freezer and freeze.