[Sca-cooks] Re:sweet oranges

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 19 09:22:55 PDT 2004

Sweet oranges being mentioned in European literature before sweet oranges
are supposed to have arrived.  Obviously there is an error in the arrival
date commonly quoted.  What a delicious conundrum!  And then there is the
problem of the derivation of the Valencye recipe.  This could be fun.

Bear

Indeed, I am watching this thread with great interest.  I have always loved
that recipe, but I thought I had heard that this was one of the ones she
admitted to making up, and that there weren't any correlations that had been
found in period texts.  I'd be real happy to find that there was indeed some
version of this that could be documented.
Thanks!
Christianna