[Sca-cooks] Storing Bacon??

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 01:41:55 PDT 2004

--- Susan Laing <paxford at dodo.com.au> wrote:
> Greetings to the List!
>
> I've just gottne lucky and found middle-rasher
> bacon at half the current
> price ($6.90 a kilo versus $12.90 a kilo -
> prices here are insane due to 4th
> year of drought).   This is for an event I'm
> cooking for at the end of the
> month (1.5 weeks away).
>
> The bacon is in vacuum sealed baggies and I'm
> wondering if I can safely
> freeze these?  (more storage room in the
> freezer atm you see)
>
> If somebody could give me some guidance it
> would be most appreciated!
>
> Marion

I always freeze my bacon, as I only use it
occasionally in mundane cooking.  In the US, or
bacon comes in very flat packages.  I once lost
a package in my freezer and didn't find it until
almost a year later, as it had gotten hidden
under another package.  It was still okay when
I opened it and cooked it up.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.