[Sca-cooks] Storing Bacon??

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jul 20 04:59:20 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Greetings to the List!
>
> I've just gottne lucky and found middle-rasher bacon at half the current
> price ($6.90 a kilo versus $12.90 a kilo - prices here are insane due to
4th
> year of drought).   This is for an event I'm cooking for at the end of the
> month (1.5 weeks away).
>
> The bacon is in vacuum sealed baggies and I'm wondering if I can safely
> freeze these?  (more storage room in the freezer atm you see)
>
> If somebody could give me some guidance it would be most appreciated!
>
> Marion

We freeze most of our bacon, straight out of the grocery, in vaccuum sealed
bags. Works just fine- in fact, it's one of the foodstuffs that doesn't have
any textural or flavor changes from freezing, likely because of the fat. I'd
do it without a second thought.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.