[Sca-cooks] Watermelon

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Thu Jul 22 10:17:20 PDT 2004

>Watermelon's official name is Citrullus lanatus of the botanical family
>Cucurbitaceae, and it is a vegetable! It is related to cucumbers,
>pumpkins and squash.

Erm... no, cucumbers, pumpkins and squash are fruits like watermelon.
Not the other way around.  Fruits are the ripened, seed bearing ovaries
of a plant.  Other fruits: tomatoes, eggplants, peppers...

-Magdalena vander Brugghe

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

[T]o admit authorities, however heavily furred and gowned, into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, what value to place upon what we read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom which is the breath of those sanctuaries. -Virginia Woolf