[Sca-cooks] Fettiplace editions

Margaret Rendell m_rendell at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 23 21:40:21 PDT 2004

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>I hope that the Stuart Press edition of Elinor
>Fettiplace is better documented that the Viking
>Penguin/Hilary Spurling edition as at least
>a quarter of the Spurling edition is not from
>the same hand or time period as the original
>and Hilary Spurling doesn't delineate which is
>which.

Yes, that is what I was hoping too, and why I wanted both. The
Penguin edition just for cooking with, and the Stuart Press transcription
for SCA documentable cooking...

Does anybody here have the Stuart Press edition to look at? Is there note
made of which recipes are in the original (1604?) hand and which are the
later, undated additions?

Margaret/Emma