[Sca-cooks] Fettiplace editions

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 16:48:26 PDT 2004

According to  the book's notes, Lady Fettiplace bequeathed the book to her niece in 1647.  The receipts are not broken down by handwriting; the only type of dating indicated by the editors is additions made by Lady F being shown in italics.  If this is the case, assuming the receipts are entered in chronological order, Lady F wrote almost everything in the book.

  Yes, that is what I was hoping too, and why I wanted both. The
  Penguin edition just for cooking with, and the Stuart Press transcription
  for SCA documentable cooking...

  Does anybody here have the Stuart Press edition to look at? Is there note
  made of which recipes are in the original (1604?) hand and which are the
  later, undated additions?

  Margaret/Emma