[Sca-cooks] Meep! - Needing quick beef pastry recipe!

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Jul 27 07:37:19 PDT 2004

I have found a HUGE difference in both texture and flavor bewtween using preground raw meats and boiling then grinding/shreading chunk or whole meats.
When the recipe calls for boiling meat and "smyting" it "small" to be mixed with other ingredients, like eggs etc, I think that if they are boiled then shredded the meat is superior.
Especially if you are boiling in a good broth...

If you take the time to boil chunks of beef in a beef broth, then fishing them out and cutting them in 1/4 inch slices across the grain, they fairly come apart completely, and will mix really well into a nice pastry filling.

Capt Elias

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery