[Sca-cooks] Re: Midrealm Crown Tourney Feast-critique

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 06:20:43 PDT 2004

> Thank you for your thoughtful and honest critique of
> the feast.  We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed
> yourself.

I would speak to this bit for everyone who wasn't there...

Never in all my years in the Society (good god that makes me sound old) have I *ever* seen so many people volunteer for a kitchen. The Good Lady Cooks have a gift for surrounding them with friends. When His Majesty Felix invited the staff to receive their thanks from the hall, he asked them to file in and past head table. There were so many of them lining the length of the hall that they
surrounded one side and actually had enough people to have two lines "high
fiving" each other like a basketball team. "Good game!" was what we heard as
they took their positions down the length of the hall. And had it not been for
some forethought, Their Majesties would have run out of thankyou tokens for
everyone on the cooking staff.

Good game, guys. Ya done good!

Iasmin

PS: My barony!