[Sca-cooks] Thanks Again!

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 01:22:04 PDT 2004

The kind words from all of you are most appreciated.  Not to worry Olwen, some day my Galen & I will make it to "your neck of the woods" or let us know if you get here first.  Adamantius, you keep teaching & I'll keep listening (although my love Galen says that hartshorn would certainly seem to have more glue-making than leavening properties, it is an interesting concept we hadn't heard of).  It is true I often feed multitudes what it seems like scarsely more than air, but what dear Huette doesn't mention is that I was once her apprentice, so it  is indeed possible she is more than a bit prejudiced!

Please forgive the delay in this post.  I am more than a bit behind.  We had to bury my closest uncle on Wednesday.  He knew it was coming, but didn't let the rest of know, so it took the "wind out of our sails" a bit.  No need for condolences, I know you are all rooting for me.

Virtual Hugs,
Samrah

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
wrote:
> Also sprach Samrah:
> >Most of probably don't remember me. We had a
> brief discussion about
> >sugar cookies, baking powder/soda/cream of
> tartar & Danish vs.
> >Polish Kylner cookies that was delightful for
> me, but hardly
> >earthshatteringly memorable.
>
> What?!? No argument about hartshorn? What kind
> of SCS-Cooks member are you, anyway???

The best kind of SCA member. Lovely, loving,
sweet and open hearted. She would feed the
starving SCA multitudes with five loaves and
two small fish and turn it into a banquet.
And she is a Spice Girl. She knows tons about
them [spices, that is] and has this wonderful
illuminated book she has put together that is to
die for.

Welcome back, dear friend!

Huette

=====