[Sca-cooks] gatoraid, was things they dont explain about Pennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Sat Jun 5 06:44:20 PDT 2004

gatoraid is really too strong when you are in serious heat.
i found this out the hard way...i was oveheated, drank gatoraid. and
promptly threw up.
the medics tell me they make all their gatoraid at half strength for
re-hydration.

also. gatoraid has sugar.  you will be able to raise your blood sugar to
*dangerous* levels very fast in the heat.  you sweat out the water faster
than you process the sugar.
i make my own fluid from unsweetened koolaid, a little salt, a touch of
electrolyte water, and splenda.... but that is my own choice....
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...