[Sca-cooks] Hot Weather & Dehyradtion & Rehydration

Liz Courts lizcourts at bendcable.com
Sat Jun 5 13:00:41 PDT 2004

My mother's recipe for rehydration fluid (affectionately referred to as
"Bog Distillate" in my family):

1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 pint water (ice cold is best)

Mix all and take as needed.

She gave it to me when having to deal with hot Ansteorran summers (after
being used to cold AnTiran winters). Also good if you've been sick with
diarrhea or have a hangover.

It goes without saying that always take & drink plenty of water when
dealing with hot weather. If drinking gatorade, I have always been told
to match the amount of gatorade that you drink with the same amount of
water.

Ignia il Nomade
Suifu of the OniRyu