[Sca-cooks] Why not just water in Mac and cheese

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 23:56:24 PDT 2004

> Jadwiga scripsit:
> > dried milk reconsitituted. Why can't they just put the dried milk in
> > the sauce packet and have you add water?)
Cynara suggested"
> Well, aside from the fact that dried milk doesn't taste the same as
> fresh
> ... if the packaged food has dry milk in it, I can't use it, but if it
> calls
> for fresh milk I can substitute some other liquid. I appreciate that,
> so I expect a lot of other people appreciate that.
I think they leave you to add the milk, instead of water, for the same
reason they have you add an egg to other food mixes instead of just
water - That way you can feel, or at least claim, that you "cooked" the
dish. After all you are the cook...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas