[Sca-cooks] OOP: hawaiian/polynesian recipes anyone?

karobert at unm.edu karobert at unm.edu
Sat Jun 19 11:27:50 PDT 2004

well, at least it is food related. ;)

we are having the monthly birthday party at work on Wednesday, and folks
want to do a luau theme.  and, unfortunately, I have a reputation to
uphold...

can anyone help me with tasty, economical and easy to reheat in a nuker
recipes?  economical being the keyword, as tuna or mahi mahi is not that
great an option in albq.

i would like to use "spam", since i am told by my molokai raised office
bud that it is quite popular in hawaii (and i kinda like spam, if it's
cooked).

she once brought in a spam sushi-like creation which kinda just got
poked and sat there. (yes i tasted it, but could not finish more than
that taste ... i gather i have more of an aversion to raw spam than raw
fish!  call me the california roll kid)  so i was hoping to have
something our 'mainlanders' might actually enjoy (or at least eat)

the best this net surfer could come up with is spam and pineapple fried
rice.  mebbe a touch of chopped up shrimp tossed in as well.

however, i am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY open to anyone's suggestions.  thanks

cailte
who is sorely regretting she gave away her trader vic's cookbook last
year...