[Sca-cooks] Re: A Toast to the SCA

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com
Tue Jun 1 15:27:01 PDT 2004

Johnnae commented:

Gee I just wrote up a description of the MK Crown
I was at 30 years ago this May....
<<<

Could you send me a copy of this? This sounds like just the sort of thing which would be good to have in the Florilegium. In this case, probably in the file covering the history of the Middle Kingdom.

This goes for anyone else who has, or would like to, write up some of their memories of the early SCA, especially now that these extra years have given some perspective on things. Sometimes things seem so cut and dried now (see food term :-) ) but back then there were probably different directions that things could have gone but didn't. Sometimes there were abortive attempts to do something, but they got picked up and done again with more success later.

And sometimes simply hearing how things were done back then can bring back some lost magic or make us realize that despite some problems still with us today, things have improved.

Stefan