[Sca-cooks] Re: A Toast to the SCA

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 11:24:03 PDT 2004

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >I was at that event.  The theme was "Come as
> >What You Are Not."  It was amazing how many
> >virgins showed up ...
> >
> That was the year before.  I was not there but
> later heard about it.
>  Duchess Arianyn came as TALL in big big
> platform shoes.

Yes. She did.  Thank you for reminding me!

> 1980 was O Ye Gods, lots of togas I think.  I
> came as a generic moon
> goddess;  I had not settled on the SCA names
> "Selene" quite yet but it
> was on the list.

Ah ... sometimes the years blur together.  I have
so many to remember ...

> >The name of the troup was "Hildegarde
> >Schwarzkopf's Camel Drivers Roller Disco Belly
> >Dancers", which included the Dance of the 70
> >Veils, [not 7000] which was a comic take off
> of
> >the Dance of the 7 Veils.
> >
> OK, a whole LOT of veils anyway!  I think that
> was Shammere The Tailor's
> Daughter pulling yards and yards of knotted
> silk hankies out of her
> drawers.  Awfully funny.

I talked with Shammere a couple of years ago.
She is still getting requests to do that routine.
It was hysterical.

> >Huette [whose 30th SCA Anniversary is in a few
> >days.]
> >
> OK so I am only an egg in comparison with your
> august self [or september
> self either].

Yeah, but what a chick you are!

> When Gwydioan showed up in the SCA again after
> a long break about 4
> years ago, he said it was OK if we revived the
> Feast of Fools.  Wanna
> start conniving?
>
> Selene

Yes!  We have 10 months to connive together.
This will be fun!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.