[Sca-cooks] German Feast Formats

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Jun 1 20:03:54 PDT 2004

I'm not sure if this would be of help/interest to anyone but I got a book
from a German exhibition on tableware/service in the Kronprinzepalais, 29
November 2002 to 11 March 2003:  Sorry, no ISBN number, but it might still
be available from the Deutsches Historisches Museum.

It is Die Offentliche Tafel - Tafelzeremoniell in Europa 1300-1900.
Herausgegeben von Hans Ottomeyer und Michaela Voelkel, Deutsches
Historisches Museum.   There are many pictures and engravings of banquets,
food service, and tableware.  There is probably a great deal about both in
writing as well.  Unfortunately I only buy books in German, I don't read
them (grin).  I buy them for the pictures.

Regina Romsey