[Sca-cooks] RE: things they dont explain about Pennsic

Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Thu Jun 3 10:46:30 PDT 2004

> >if you are worried about the kosher rule against mixing wool and linen,
> >take
> >a cotton or silk layer you can wear between any wool and linen, and pack
> >them in separate trunks.
>
> I never knew there were kosher laws about materials.  How very interesting.
> Now I have one more thing to put on my list of stuff to find out more about.
>   Thanks.
> Olwen

My Lord, Jews have laws on *EVERYTHING* and I mean that. There is a law
against mixing wool and linen in one garment (Shatnetz) but putting one
on top of the other should not be a problem.

If anyone is keeping Kosher at Pennsic let me know, we may want to
invite you for meals.

I found that doing laundry in a bucket works pretty well. Not as good as
my washing machine but not bad.

--
--Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi
Senischal incipient Shire of Beit Aryeh