[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:50:50 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 21:41, Elaine Koogler wrote:
> Again, speaking from many years experience...when you turn onto the road
> that leads to the campground, in about 1/2 mile, you cross a one-lane
> bridge.  Whenever I cross that bridge, arriving at Pennsic, I feel as
> though I've come home.

YES.

> I guess my best advice to anyone attending Pennsic for the first time is
> to experience everything you can, from classes, to theatre performances,
> to merchants, to fighting (or watching it), to courts, to parties, to
> "schmoozing" and meeting folk from around the Known World!  Make sure,
> however, that you get enough rest...you can't enjoy anything if you make
> yourself ill.  And it CAN happen to you, no matter how indestructible
> you think you are!!

I have found 30 min to an hour with a book each afternoon helps a lot,
or with some form of handcraft or just sitting in the shade. Just
because so much of Pennsic at least for me is GO GO GO. Its really good
to stop for a bit every day.
--
--Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi
Senischal incipient Shire of Beit Aryeh