[Sca-cooks] Re: [Bright Hills] RE: things they dont explain about Pennsic

Matthew G. Saroff msaroff at fellspt.charm.net
Thu Jun 3 10:46:40 PDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >if you are worried about the kosher rule against mixing wool and linen,
> >take a cotton or silk layer you can wear between any wool and linen,
> >and pack them in separate trunks.
>
> I never knew there were kosher laws about materials.  How very interesting.
> Now I have one more thing to put on my list of stuff to find out more about.

	There is not a prohibition against wearing wool and linen clothing
together.  It is a prohibition against wearing a wool-linen fabric blend
(Shatnez).

http://www.beingjewish.com/mitzvos/shatnez.html

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have
some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Navicula hydraulica plena anguilarum est.