[Sca-cooks] Re: [Bright Hills] RE: things they dont explain aboutPennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 3 16:07:57 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> There is not a prohibition against wearing wool and linen clothing
> together.  It is a prohibition against wearing a wool-linen fabric blend
> (Shatnez).
>
> http://www.beingjewish.com/mitzvos/shatnez.html

Read in more detail. If the wool and linen are fully attached, they may not
be worn, but they can be velcroed or buttoned together. Also, they may be
worn together, but only if either garment can be removed without removing
the other, so, say, a linen shirt and woolen pants might be worn together,
but not a woolen jacket over a linen shirt. Thus, the idea of lining a
woolen jacket with silk to wear over a linen shirt wouldn't work, as I read
it.

There's also something about walking or sitting on carpets or upholstery
that are made of the mix- if it isn't fuzzy, it's fine, but if it is fuzzy,
it's forbidden, since the mixture of fibers may adhere to the clothing
you're wearing, and thus become shatnez thereby. Didn't explain what you
were to do if wearing linen ob a woolen fuzzy carpet, but I suspect that
might be one of those things that's part of determining how observany one
is...

You know, it's no wonder so many lawyers are Jewish- they get fed law with
their mother's milk ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.