[Sca-cooks] Kosher, was things they dont explain aboutPennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jun 7 08:07:30 PDT 2004

<nods>
yup, my origonal understanding about Shatnez was that Linsey Woolsey was
out, but layers that are not sewn together were ok....
but then a few of my more Orthodox customers started telling me that even
pinning the layers together was fobidden.......
(it "joined them")

and THEN i had some people who told me they would not be able to buy my
linen because it had been stored with the wool, and the fibers could have
blended together........ and make them "mixed linen and wool".

so i started storing my linen and wool seperately (and bagged only with
their own fiber type) and i have been thanked by many of the Orthodox, AND
by the people who tell me they are allergic to wool.

i dont tell people how to interprete the laws, i just sell the stuff... but
i DO try to be aware of my customers concerns.....

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...