[Sca-cooks] Kashrut

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun Jun 6 05:29:31 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
> >   Kirsten Houseknecht said:i know enough to sit on my hands when you
pass a bottle of opened wine.......

Kirsten, I still don't know why you would sit on your hands.  You could
certainly have some wine along with everybody else, as soon as the blessing
was made.

>> > More recently due to the same prohibition of the worship of Idols the
> Rabbis have banned wigs with Hair from India. This is the current big
> brew-ha-ha in the orthodox world.

Yehoshua, I have been following that particular bru-ha-ha with amusement.
As always  (at least the latest I've read) some say 'Indian hair wigs OK'
and some say not.... so go find a rabbi you like/respect/admire and follow
his advice.  I also read that some leaders of some of the Orthodox community
met with some of the Indian folk to iron things out.  Do you have the latest
of the latest info on that or the latest of the latest status of the wigs?

Thanks !
Phillipa