[Sca-cooks] Kashrut

Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Sun Jun 6 05:52:21 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 15:29, Heleen Greenwald wrote:
> [...]

Or we can just pour it for her. Really not a major problem.

> > Rabbis have banned wigs with Hair from India. This is the current big
> > brew-ha-ha in the orthodox world.
> >
> Yehoshua, I have been following that particular bru-ha-ha with amusement.
> As always  (at least the latest I've read) some say 'Indian hair wigs OK'
> and some say not.... so go find a rabbi you like/respect/admire and follow
> his advice.  I also read that some leaders of some of the Orthodox community
> met with some of the Indian folk to iron things out.  Do you have the latest
> of the latest info on that or the latest of the latest status of the wigs?
>
> Thanks !
> Phillipa

To be honest I've not been paying very close attention. My fiance has a
wig from her first time being married, but its not hair from India, and
she plans to mostly wear hats and scarves anyway. I haven't asked my
rabbi about it, but *HIS* wife wears hats. We are really not at the Wig
end of the orthodox world so its not much of a big deal for us.

Apparently this pops up every 10-15 years. And every time everyone is
shocked.

--
--Yehoshua ben Haim haLevi
Senischal incipient Shire of Beit Aryeh