[Sca-cooks] OOP-best way to transport cookies....

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 03:19:31 PDT 2004

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> My vote is for waxed paper.  While I have used
> plastic wrap on brownies, they tend to stick
> more on the wrap than on the paper.  IMHO
>
> Huette
>
> --- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> > I'm making a couple batches of cookies, while I've got a nice,
> container I'm not sure if I shouldn't put a layer of something
> inbetween the cookie layers.

> > The shortbread will be just fine, but the Lainie Brownies might want
>
> > to...uh...merge a little, and I don't want them to get all
> smooshed....

I second the wax paper, with a proviso that you not stack the brownies
too high (especially if they're iced), or they very well may smoosh,
regardless of what you put in between them.  In fact, if it's really
hot, you may need to put them in a shallow waterproof container tyo keep
in your cooler (even car trips can test the limits of baked goods, if
you have no air conditioning, or make extended stops.

Faerisa