[Sca-cooks] GO, was other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jun 7 07:53:11 PDT 2004

please note... i am a person who is hyper sensitive to heat, cold, and mold
and have enough allergies to scare paramedics.

i have had hypothermia and am now very sensitive to cold (and i have
Reynauds syndrome, which means i lose circulation in my hands for no good
reason)
i have had heat stroke (it just edged over from heat exhaustion) and now am
one of those folks the chirurgeons follow around with worried looks whenever
the temperature climbs.
i dehydrate faster than anyone you likely know.

and even with everything that i have said, and my own
difficulties.......Pennsic is worth going to.

i even CAMP at Pennsic.
(yes the siren song of the hotel is tempting)

take sensible precautions and you will be fine.
camp with some experienced Pennsic attendees, if you camp, so they can help
you out that first year.
lots of folks with medical issues "camp" in nearby hotels, so you are not
alone.

the classes are worth it alone.
the shopping is worth it alone.

if you care about the war part of it, even better (i dont)

and about half the list will be there and talking food stuff.......

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...