[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic, was things they dont explain about Pennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jun 7 08:33:50 PDT 2004

Pennsic is the only place i have seen these items in person, not mail
order...
(that is , ME..... i dont say its the only place YOU can find them)

Rare spices
Indigo and certain other natural dyes
period HATS
period shoes other than boots
baskets that hold up under camping conditions
period style furniture
period style furnniture that PACKS!
pavillions for sale

it is one of only a _few_ places to find these things:

armor
a wide range of period clothing (many events have *some*)
a wide range of spinning and weaving supplies
more than one bookseller who carries period source books
hand woven items for sale
period games

well there is more, of course.....
plus more amber than even *I* normally carry... and i carry a lot.
plus more people selling trim than i have ever seen.. anywhere.....
INCLUDING a few rare folks who carry silk embroidery floss (yes, me
included)
and last time i found someone selling real gold "bullion" and braid for
embroidery....

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...