[Sca-cooks] things they dont explain about Pennsic

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 08:28:15 PDT 2004

Wooden plates and bowls. Wax books. Original artifacts and reproductions
- spindle whorls, aiglets, etc. Bone needles. A strick of flax. (Yes -
one. Two years ago, I bought the last one in Pennsic... there weren't
many. Next time, I'll get that first.)

Oddly enough, the best catnip toy any cat of mine has ever had... it is
indestructible, has been loved and attacked by two cats in succession
already.  I'm going to send a cat-loving friend with money to buy me
more. (He hadn't found them - this will do his cats a favor, too.) It's
not what one expects, but...

Personally, I wouldn't buy fabric there, but I have good local fabric
sources. And I'm not much into jewelry. Books, however... I worked for
Devra, and she paid me, and I gave all the money back to her, though I
don't need to go to Pennsic to give money to Devra! I can do that right
here at home! (Evil woman...) Of course, her booth is the place to meet
the cooking and costuming community, even if you are under the illusion
that you don't need more books.

AEllin