[Sca-cooks] shabbos wine, was shabbos candles, was Kashrut

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Jun 9 07:24:31 PDT 2004

<shrug>
all i know is what the orthodox friends i have tell me, what my Rabbi
friends tell me, and what my books say..
and they ALL say that i can't handle the opened bottle of wine unless it is
boiled wine.
if it is boiled wine then i can handle it.  so when i am cooking for
orthodox friends and might cook with wine i use boiled.  since i otherwise
do not drink much, i rarely have any in the house.

i, personally, could care less.  but it matters to my friends, so it matters
to me. this is my theory on most food related issues, incidentally.....
"no butter? this is a meat meal?" "ok, no butter"

"dont touch the wine" "ok, i wont"

"you really, really dont like broccoli?" "ok, i promise i wont bring any to
potluck (i will eat all of it before i get there!)"

if i am having dinner with people to whom it doesnt matter, then by all
means pass the wine.  otherwise i will still ask them to pour for me, and
not touch the wine bottle.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...