[Sca-cooks] shabbos candles, was Kashrut

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Tue Jun 8 14:11:15 PDT 2004

Geez, I never thought about this before. But if the restriction has
something to do with animal fats.... I can GAR-UN-TEE that the animal fat
has to come from a kosher animal.  (And be kosher killed etc.)

And as for the wine issue, Kirsten, if you are sitting with a bunch of Jews
and there is wine to be had, and they can clearly see you, you are not
leaving the room with the wine, there is no halacha saying you cannot
*touch* the wine / wine bottle.  Because it could be clearly seen that you
would not be doing anything to treif up the works.

Phillipa