[Sca-cooks] shabbos wine, was shabbos candles, was Kashrut

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 07:54:53 PDT 2004

Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:

><shrug>
>all i know is what the orthodox friends i have tell me, what my Rabbi
>friends tell me, and what my books say..
>
>i, personally, could care less.  but it matters to my friends, so it matters
>to me. this is my theory on most food related issues, incidentally.....
>"no butter? this is a meat meal?" "ok, no butter"

You're a good human.  It's Ancient Pagan Good Manners to observe the
traditions of your host when you are traveling, greet the local gods
properly and all that.  The world might be a more peaceful place today
if the Romans had observed that rule. <sigh>

There's a widespread Jewish joke, that if the Jewish religion had
saints, then they would have sainted the person who invented Pareve
Margarine for meat meals.  <GGG>

Selene C.