[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 10 15:25:50 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Got to jump in here, guys.  Not to be poopy, and I know I have not been
playing this game as long as many of you (19 yrs. this Sept.), but I
remember a time when most people made most, if not all, of their own garb.
Perhaps we have all gotten a bit spoiled and should be encouraging each
other to get back to those sewing machines....  There is something to be
said for setting a good example for the really new folks.

> Hugs,
> Samrah

Dear, some of us don't sew- I'm one of them. I usually exchange my efforts
for various items- am planning a pouch in exchange for some garb now. Have
finally gotten a treadle machine, which I CAN use, but you don't want to see
what happens when I encounter a power machine. And, right now, I just don't
have any PLACE to do what I really need to be doing with my sewing and
leatherwork- my room is too small, and the living room is too small for the
treadle machine, and too poorly lit.

 Also, there's temperment involved. When I have room and light, I can sit
for hours and stitch away on leather, but 5 minutes with a piece of fabric
has me bored and frustrated

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.