[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 17:15:21 PDT 2004

Yes, you're right. But there is the problem that there were a lot of
folk who, back when you and I were young in the SCA (26 years an
counting...), got very frustrated and discouraged because they didn't
have a clue as to how to sew. These merchants who sell garb are a major
boon to those folk. And to be honest, to me as well. When I'm working, I
often commute over an hour each way to work...which means that, on work
days, I spend about 10 hours or more at work and in transit. That
doens't leave much time for anything in the evening other than eating
dinner and collapsing. I still try to sew when I can...but it's nice to
be able to concentrate on something special...and purchase shifts and
other items from a merchant!

Kiri