[Sca-cooks] clothing, was things to buy at Pennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Jun 15 12:13:21 PDT 2004

oh, you really cannot buy clothes that fit as well as those that are made
for you.  and if you MAKE the clothes (or commission a seamstress) you get
full color and fiber choices......
quite true, which is why i prefer to make my own garb, or hire a good sewer
to make them
but...
it always seems to be the case that i need garb AT an event (forgot
something, left it at home, changed sizes and havent caught up on
sewing.....) so i sure also want to encourage the garb merchants to carry
good stuff <grin>

likewise, some of us have sewing issues (i am re training my right hand
after a nerve injury, and have only just gotten back to sewing seriously)

i do suggest that if you wish to discuss sewing there are some great lists
just for sewing in the sca
authentic garb
sca-garb
and more....
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...