[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:29:33 PDT 2004

--On Thursday, June 10, 2004 5:57 PM -0400 a5foil <a5foil at ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> So do you think people would actually pay reasonable prices for early
> period garb?
>
> I would make stuff for sale if I thought people would buy it. The problem
> from my perspective is that it takes a certain amount of time to make
> garb I would be willing to sell, and I would have to charge for time and
> materials, resulting in prices that would be at least $75 for a plain
> wool tunic or gown.
same here... tho there would be embroidery on mine.   had to say no to one
of our costume purveyors for that reason.  i would price myself out of the
market.

cailte

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions