[Sca-cooks] Pomecitron

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 08:34:20 PDT 2004

David Friedman wrote:
>  Could it just be a citron? Is he eating it straight, or is it used in
>  cooking?

Then Johnnae posted other possibilities.

Let me note that Herbert isn't doing any cooking. He's travelling in
a caravan through Persia with an Ambassador from England and an
Englishman working for the Shah of Persia (both of whom die during
the course of their travels). He mentions a number of fruits, the
kinds that are, for the most part, eaten out of hand, although he
includes lemons among them and comments on their pleasant taste. I
don't recall him saying anything very specific about pomecitrons,
just lists them.

I've got to get going - i have to do laundry and buy some food and
i'm still working on new garb for Junr Crwon, a camping event i have
to drive a couple hours to today... I will post exact quotes when i
get back Sunday evening.

Anahita