[Sca-cooks] Pomecitron

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Jun 12 18:40:25 PDT 2004

No it reads.... DO NOT USE...
Penalty=Death
I also tape over the oven controls.

I never posted this to the list at large---
Couldn't bear to at the time--

There was this unfortunate error that destroyed all the citrus work of
the past winter season.
Regrettably, in March, my husband set the oven with the drying fruits
and peels to pre-heat
for cookies without first removing the trays of fruits. Now in this
moment of male blindness, he
knew that the trays were in there, that I had been finishing up oranges
and peels, and still
the only thing he could think about at the time was that he wanted
"cookies"! He flipped
the oven to pre-heat and went back to his computer. In a few moments, we
hear this
"Oh S@#$! What was in the oven?" You then smell burning sugar.

In a matter of moments all the fruits and peels of the past season were
burned beyond use.

So anyway I lost all the past winter's candying efforts and have very little
to show for all that work.

Johnnae
(he still owes me something really nice. I have been thinking about
all sorts of expensive toys.)