[Sca-cooks] Dairy substitutions

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 11 11:30:47 PDT 2004

> Well, aside from the fact that dried milk doesn't taste the same as fresh
> ... if the packaged food has dry milk in it, I can't use it, but if it
calls
> for fresh milk I can substitute some other liquid.

Hm... what would you substitute for the milk in prepared mac and cheese?
Inquiring and lactose-irritable minds want to know.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Well, from a period point of view, unsweetened almond milk comes to mind.
Although the cheese pretty much negates the need for a dairy substitute, for
those that want to avoid adding milk; things like goat's milk, unsweetened
soy milk, some other nut milk (unsweetened), or even a broth could give
suitable results.
Thank you Jadwiga for getting back onto food, even if it is modern packaged
stuff!
Chrsitianna