[Sca-cooks] Handsewing verus sewing machine

Aurore Aurore at hot.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 12:02:11 PDT 2004

YEAH I'm not the only one than that gets the looks of "you are total mad for
handsewing an outfit".  I spent a couple of years off and on, hand sewing a
drop sleeve chemise, no pattern and on 3 yds of fabric.  I spent a week at
Gulf War with it being my hand project to work, and people keep looking at
me weird when I explain I didn't care much for sewing machine for fears of
injuries.  I do now have a sewing machine with manual and just cackle with
happiness as I sew on it.  BTW the drop sleeve chemise did get finished at
that Gulf War, the very last night there in the firelight, I put it on and
looked good in it.  Yes I was even sewing by fire and most was just by feel
more than seeing it.  A proud owner of a purple dropped sleeve chemise,
Aurore Gaudin