[Sca-cooks] OT: Handsewing verus sewing machine

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Jun 15 12:35:21 PDT 2004

cross posting to sca-garb

i will state that hand sewing has several advantages over machine sewing.
more control
more detail in turning
portability
more period
easier to get out and put away often....

that said, i often do the long straight seams by machine, then do the *rest*
by hand sewing

of course i am re learning a lot of hand use, after rehabbing the arm, so i
tend to get a bit twitchy about the machine.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...