[Sca-cooks] coagulation

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 13 09:37:15 PDT 2004

Other thickening agents, such as more egg, or additional ingredients such as
gelatin, arrowroot, cornstarch, kuzu, etc.  I have never noticed a problem
substituting soy milk for dairy in a mix such as a cake, the flour provides
the cohesion, in addition to the egg if there is one.  A pudding needs other
thickeners if both the milk and the eggs are gone.
Christianna