[Sca-cooks] Cake mix, was Why not just water in Mac and cheese

Emelyne Wyote emelyne_wyote at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 17:16:36 PDT 2004

My vegan friend has a VERY good vegan (no dairy or eggs) coconut pie
recipe if you're interested.  She made it last Thanksgiving, and I
honestly couldn't tell a difference between it and the coconut pie my
grandmother used to make.  She used a graham cracker crust she made from
just a generic recipe using non-dairy margarine.  The pie filling uses
soy milk and also non-dairy margarine, so if there's a soy allergy then
it might not work.

She also has another using silken tofu, but again, the soy issue.  Let
me know if you'd like the recipes and I can post them or send them to
you.

Emelyne