[Sca-cooks] convenience foods: mac & cheese

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 11:39:55 PDT 2004

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but...  We always seem to be out of fresh milk here, so we sustitute some sour cream or cream cheese (amount depends on what is available).  Not any help if you are lactose-intolerant, but really improves the flavor, particularly if you can scrounge up some real cheddar cheese & then grate it in, and perhaps some really nice onions....  Turns tolerable fast into yummy...

Samrah

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
Hm... what would you substitute for the milk in prepared mac and cheese?
Inquiring and lactose-irritable minds want to know.