[Sca-cooks] butter-flavored crisco

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Jun 13 14:08:50 PDT 2004

>Has anyone used this, outside of making the recipe on the box,
>successfully.
>
>I made the chocolate cookie recipe on the box and they were
>excellent but as a
>substitute I found it didn't work in the one recipe I tried it
>with.  This
>was my mother's shortbread cookie recipe.  The cookies tasted
>horrible and
>were incredibly fragile.
>
>Marina

Jane errrr Marina, it sucks. It doesn't firm up even when in the fridge
so you cant cut it into dry ingredients properly. It has a definite
"theatre popcorn butter flavour" that really has nothing to do with
actual butter.

Unfortunately I learnt by experience. Others mileage may very though.

Micaylah