[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jun 14 14:37:19 PDT 2004

>8) If you sleep in comfortable tunic and pants, it makes hiking to and using
>the restrooms easier at night.  Most people prefer having a flashlight for
>this, though some will carry a lit lantern.

>23) If you go to dinner or a party in another encampment, take a flashlight
>or lantern with you to make your return easier.

I used to use a candle lantern at Pennsic, but eventually concluded
that it wasn't worth the trouble. There's usually a fair amount of
light, what with moon, torches, other people's lanterns, and the
like. If you don't have a bright light to blind yourself with, you
can manage pretty well without--unless, of course, you have unusually
bad night vision. I think it's one more example of something we are
used to and so simply assume we have to have--but don't actually need.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com