[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jun 15 07:41:17 PDT 2004

> I used to use a candle lantern at Pennsic, but eventually concluded
> that it wasn't worth the trouble. There's usually a fair amount of
> light, what with moon, torches, other people's lanterns, and the
> like. If you don't have a bright light to blind yourself with, you
> can manage pretty well without--unless, of course, you have unusually
> bad night vision. I think it's one more example of something we are
> used to and so simply assume we have to have--but don't actually need.

I think it may depend on whether you know where you are/where you are
going. When I have to go out to someplace I don't know at night, I bring a
lantern so I can read signs, etc. I can manage fine going to a friend's
camp or to the portajohn, but if I get lost I'll need light. Of course,
for the founder of Pennsic that might not be a problem. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Hero not the handsome actor who plays a hero's role. Hero not the glamour
girl who'd love to sell her soul." - Rush, Nobody's Hero