[Sca-cooks] Flashlights at Pennsic

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Wed Jun 16 06:50:13 PDT 2004

Right, Red does not interfere with night vision, which is why military flashlights often come with a red filter that can be placed over the lens.

But I have found that the only place I need any kind of artificial illumination is in the portajohns.

Our household puts those cyalume sticks in the nearby portajohns, but they keep getting put into the toilet by jokers who think that glowing blue poop is the height of wit.

Capt Elias

The Purpose of the First Amendment is not to protect only
comfortable speech. Such speech needs no protection. It is,
rather, the daring, the profound, the probitive, and yes, the
offensive, that needs that shield.  For nothing significant,
not in art, culture, or even in politics, has ever arisen
from pandering to the whims of majority.