[Sca-cooks] Flashlights at Pennsic

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Jun 16 10:25:59 PDT 2004

>I haven't been to Pennsic in years, so I don't know if this would be
>appropriate, but at other camping events with long after-dark
>treks, I have
>had good luck with, and very positive response to, using a small *red*
>flashlight. It provides enough light for rough or unfamiliar
>terrain without
>messing up anyone's night vision.
>
>Cynara

Among the myriad things I have dangling from my belt, I tend to keep a
small gold Mag light (6") there as well. Useful if needed and quite
discreet and unobtrusive.

I don't use much light at night even in the portacastles. usually at
camping events in Ealdormere, we have those battery operated round push
lites. I am not saying I have much night vision (read: nil) but I Zen
walk and become one with the ground! lol Sometimes though, a little too
"one with the ground"! But shhhhh.

Micaylah